Monday, January 3

that's an heir of wilshire

today as i laid on the cusp of awakening, in my dream i composed the most beautiful song. it was sung by a woman with a voice kind of like Sarah McLachlan. it had a viola for rhythm and a violin carrying the melody, and the words were one long poem with perfect rhyme. i knew i was asleep and as i listened to it i wanted to somehow get this beautiful song out of my head, to write it so i could show it to others. but i knew it would be hard to wake and capture it without forgetting. as i listened to it i planned ahead so i could write it down as quickly as possible, i said i will get my iphone and record it as a voice memo. so first i had a false awakening, where i woke up from my song and leaped out of bed, and tore through my apartment looking for my phone but couldnt find it. then i was able to wake really, and by the time I had I had lost it. the only lyrics I could remember were the last I heard "that's an heir of wilshire, that's an heir of wil-shi-ireee"

and i dont know music theory enough to have transcribed the music from the strings I heard anyway. I'd give anything if I could, it was such a beautiful song. this isn't the first time this has happened to me, but it's the first time it happened with lyrics and a voice, usually it's just orchestral type music.

No comments: